Construction Project Manager - Unclassified
SWBNO Project Delivery Unit Capital Improvements Program Management Team
About Sewerage & Water Board of New Orleans (SWBNO)
The SWBNO is a 1400+ employee public utility responsible for: treatment and distribution of safe drinking water; providing water for fire protection throughout the City of New Orleans (City); collection and treatment of all wastewater for safe return to the environment; and flood protection/drainage of the City. The SWBNO has recently formed a new management team. We are hiring and retooling to re-energize and broaden our resource team to ensure the sustainability of the SWBNO to provide continued improved levels of services to the City. Our future is exciting!
We are creating comprehensive delivery solutions for water, wastewater, drainage/storm water control systems, and community infrastructure through an expanding portfolio of project delivery systems.
The SWBNO is currently recruiting for an experienced Construction Manager for the joint City of New Orleans Department of Public Works/SWBNO Capital Improvements Program (CIP) Management team. In this position, you will have the opportunity to support the development and construction of a wide range of projects involving roadway, wastewater and water, and storm water infrastructure.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide administrative and constructability technical oversight of project development working in support of Senior Project Managers, and Project Delivery Unit (PDU) Program Administrators and with Project Analysts to ensure project quality, schedule and budget.
- Provide technical project development for design and construction projects working along with the City of New Orleans Department of Public Works PDU.
- Work closely with consultant architecture/engineering firms in the development of efficient and constructible project designs and oversee construction administration.
- Provide data for the preparation of accurate status reports, assist in conceptualizing and developing solutions for project issue resolution, provide documentation for design quality control and assurance, and assist with contract, budget and claims in support of PDU CIP Management Team activities.
- Participate in the production of design with design teams toward on-time and within budget delivery of technically correct and industry standard constructible infrastructure, wastewater and water projects including associated civil engineering inputs.
- Support Program Management with technical assistance on projects.
- Provide management assistance for multi-disciplinary design teams to complete technical project delivery to program cost and quality requirements.
- Work within a team of civil engineers experienced in drainage, wastewater collection and conveyance, and storm water conveyance.
- Perform cost reasonable analysis for contractor change order requests, utilizing
- estimating methods such as R.S. Means.
- Conducting bi monthly progress meetings
- Preparing Field Work Directives
- Reviewing Daily Reports prepared by Inspectors
- Reviewing Record Drawing provided by contractors
- Processing submittals, RFI's and other project documentation
- Processing monthly pay applications,
- Updating program schedules and budgets
- Preparation of monthly reports summarizing construction cost
- Assist with the technical delivery and checking of work.
- Ensure that consultant, vendor and construction contractor proposals and project delivery are properly documented.
- Ensure maintenance of Federal Grant program documentation.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic and growing team driving project delivery through innovation and sustainable solutions, then we are interested in hearing from you.
- Bachelor's Degree with 7+ years' construction experience with at least 3 years' experience as a Resident Inspector preferred, and at least 3 years' experience as a Project Manager or Construction Manager within civil infrastructure related programs and or construction management experience in public utility programs
- Or equivalent experience with no Bachelor's degree of 12+ years' construction experience with at least 5 years' experience as a Resident Inspector and/or estimator, and least 5 years' experience as a Project Manager or Construction Manager.
- Certified Construction Manager preferred
- Experience working within infrastructure programs preferred.
- Core technical knowledge relevant to roadway, wastewater, water and drainage systems and general civil infrastructure design.
- Knowledge of combined roadway/street and utility infrastructure design and program/project/construction management.
- Strong written and interpersonal skills, strong organizational skills, must possess the ability to prioritize assignments and build strong relationships.
- Must exhibit proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as project management systems including project scheduling, seeping, budgeting, cost analysis, resource analysis, and reporting.
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record.
- Willingness to work and reside within the City of New Orleans
What We Offer
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Extremely competitive health insurance program
- Wellness program
- Life insurance program
- Education and training reimbursement program
- Generous retirement plan
Dependent on Qualifications