Deputy Program Administrator - Unclassified
SWBNO Joint Infrastructure Recovery Program Management Team
About Sewerage & Water Board of New Orleans (SWBNO)
The SWBNO is a 1200+ employee public utility responsible for: the treatment and distribution of safe drinking water; providing water for fire protection throughout the City of New Orleans (City); the collection and treatment of all wastewater for safe return to the environment; and the flood protection/drainage of the City. The SWBNO has recently embraced a new management team. We are hiring and retooling to re-energize and broaden our resource team to ensure the sustainability of the SWBNO to provide continued improved levels of services to the City. Our future is exciting!
The SWBNO is currently recruiting for an experienced Civil Engineer to serve as Deputy Administrator for the joint City of New Orleans Department of Public Works/SWBNO Capital Improvements Program (CIP) Management team. In this position, you will have the opportunity to support the development and construction of a wide range of projects in infrastructure, wastewater and water engineering, and storm water management and engineering.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide administrative and technical oversight support of design and construction project working along with the City of New Orleans Department of Public Works.
- Assume a senior role with responsibility for SWBNO project components being delivered on schedule and within budget.
- Oversee consultant architecture/engineering firms for design and construction administration.
- Prepare accurate and on-going status reports, conceptualize and develop solutions for project issue resolution, coordinate design quality control and assurance, and assist with contract, budget and claims in support of CIP Management Team activities.
- Manage designs and design teams and deliver infrastructure, wastewater and water projects including associated civil engineering inputs.
- Deliver detailed designs in a challenging and rewarding environment.
- Support Program Manager with technical assistance on projects.
- Provide management assistance for multi-disciplinary design teams to complete technical project delivery to program cost and quality requirements.
- Ability to lead and mentor a team of civil engineers experienced in drainage, sewage collection and conveyance, and storm water conveyance.
- Mentor team members to promote their technical and professional development.
- Coordinate the technical delivery and checking of work.
- Produce and check consultant, vendor and construction contractor proposals.
- Coordinate consultant, contractor and supply chain management.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic and growing team driving project delivery through innovation and sustainable solutions, then we are interested in hearing from you.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent in a relevant field such as Construction Management.
- 10+ years’ experience within a civil engineering related project management and or construction management experience in public utility programs with a track record of successful delivery of projects on time and within budget.
- Project Management Certification highly desired.
- Significant and relevant experience of working within an infrastructure Program Manager position on relevant projects.
- Core technical skills relevant to the water industry particularly including open channel hydraulics, hydrology and storm water management, pump and pipeline hydraulics, wastewater collection and conveyance, water distribution, civil engineering design, and an understanding of other engineering disciplines.
- Experience with combined roadway/street and utility infrastructure design and program/project/construction management.
- Strong written and interpersonal skills, strong organizational skills, must possess the ability to prioritize assignments and build strong relationships.
- Must exhibit proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as project management systems including project scheduling, scoping, budgeting, cost analysis, resource analysis, and reporting.
- LA Registered PE or ability to obtain such within 6 months of employment.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Willingness to work and reside within the City of New Orleans
Email resume to: email@example.com
What We Offer
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Extremely competitive health insurance program
- Wellness program
- Life insurance program
- Education and training reimbursement program
- Generous retirement plan