EDBP Compliance Officer
The compliance/monitoring division of the Economically Disadvantaged Business Program (EDBP) is involved in all Sewerage & Water Board of New Orleans projects to ensure that reasonable participation of Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE) is maintained. EDBP administers the DBE program and works in conjunction with other S &WB departments and agencies to review contracts to identify DBE opportunities to perform commercial useful functions which are consistent with the work required on contract.
EDBP is currently seeking a Compliance Officer to monitor and ensure contract goals with DBE participation are met for the Sewerage & Water Board of New Orleans infrastructure projects. Within this context, the DBE Compliance Officer will be responsible for monitoring all aspects of DBE Compliance for S&WB infrastructure projects.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for reviewing Project Request Forms to identify potential areas of subcontracting opportunities.
- Attend Pre-Bid meetings, conferences and seminars and any other appropriate meetings to explain SLDBE program and DBE participation for contracts.
- Contact Prime and Subcontractors to address any compliance issues and or concerns with B2GNOW compliance monitoring system.
- Input new contracts and upload agreements into B2GNOW compliance reporting system.
- Prepare monthly reports and or requested reports on compliance with DBE goals.
- Conduct monthly site visits and desk audits to confirm compliance with DBE policies and goals. Verify subcontractors are performing duties in which they are certified to perform.
- Update B2GNOW with actions taken in regards to contract. Update EDBP client files and records.
- Notify vendors on non-compliance and discuss corrective actions needed to become compliant.
- Investigate concerns and/or complaints from DBEs, Prime Contractors, or anyone in reference to contract, suggest corrective actions if necessary.
- Prepare statistical data and reports related to DBE compliance reporting.
- Work cooperatively with the staff of other City agencies to ensure maximum effectiveness of the DBE program's mission, vision and objectives.
SKILLS AND BACKGROUND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to communicate well with the public as well as Sewerage & Water Board of New Orleans employees when providing information in reference to EDBP.
- Computer skills and ability to learn new software fast and efficiently.
- Possesses knowledge of 2 CFR, Louisiana Public Bid Law and federal guidelines pertaining to DBE certification programs, policies and procedures.
- Proficiency in interpreting, applying, and monitoring Sewerage & Water Board of New Orleans policies in S&WB SLDBE program.
- Possesses knowledge, skills and ability to interpret and monitoring of S &WB SLDBE program.
- Display a high level of professionalism, team player, trustworthy and work well with others.
- Display a high level of initiative, and effort towards completing assignments in a timely manner.
- Performs well under pressure and ability to organize work, set priorities and determine objectives and strategies to achieve them.
- Knowledge of compliance, certified payroll and workforce reporting software.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience working in project management, construction management, supplier diversity, procurement, small business development, or a DBE program office is preferred.
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org