The SWBNO is a 1200+ employee public utility responsible for: treatment and distribution of safe drinking water; providing water for fire protection throughout the City of New Orleans (City); collection and treatment to reclaim water for safe return to the environment; and flood protection/drainage of the City. The SWBNO has recently formed a new management team. We are hiring and retooling to re-energize and broaden our resource team to ensure the sustainability of the SWBNO to provide continued improved levels of services to the City. Our future is exciting!
We are creating comprehensive delivery solutions for water, water reclamation, drainage/storm water control systems, and community infrastructure through an expanding portfolio of project delivery systems.
The SWBNO is currently recruiting for an experienced Program Analyst for the joint City of New Orleans Department of Public Works/SWBNO Capital Improvements Program (CIP) Management team. In this position, you will have the opportunity to support the development and construction of a wide range of projects in infrastructure, water reclamation and water engineering, and storm water management and engineering.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provides advanced administrative and technical support assignments.
- Makes independent decisions regarding planning, organizing, and scheduling work.
- Assists Project Managers and Construction Managers in clerical activities related to design and construction activities, including maintaining of required Federal Grant program documentation.
- Provides administrative support in the assembly and dissemination of Program information and reports.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities in support of the CIP Team.
- Assists with the preparation of accurate status reports.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic and growing team driving project delivery through innovation and sustainable solutions, then we are interested in hearing from you.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or high school diploma/GED plus three years related experience.
- One to three years of related experience in administrative services.
- Experience working for the City of New Orleans, State of Louisiana, and/or a FEMA-funded program is preferred
- Ability to think proactively and function independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working with individuals and groups from diverse backgrounds.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to learn new subject areas quickly.
- Must be highly organized and capable of tracking the status of multiple project related documents for multiple projects.
- Strong Technical and computer literacy skills (Microsoft Office).
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Willingness to work and reside within the City of New Orleans.
What We Offer
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Extremely competitive health insurance program
- Wellness program
- Life insurance program
- Education and training reimbursement program
- Generous retirement plan
Email resume to: email@example.com
$30,000 - $60,000 annually