Under supervised direction of the Procurement Director, performs professional work of advanced difficulty in the technical and administrative functions of the procurement activities of the government, including purchasing and contract administration. This position is responsible for the procurement of construction, supplies and professional services that are to be conducted in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, ordinances, rules and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position is responsible for procuring or coordinating the procurement of architectural and engineering services, construction, and related supplies and services required by various departments in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws, policies and procedures
- Assist in preparing highly technical and complex specifications, contracts and solicitation documents, including all related research and value analysis.
- Prepare and analyze competitive sealed bids, competitive sealed proposals, requests for quotations and requests for statements of qualifications.
- Identify and notify potential vendors.
- Conduct pre-bid and pre-proposal conferences.
- Coordinate and supervise activities of evaluation committees.
- Recommend lowest responsive, responsible bidder on IFB's, most advantageous offer on RFP's and most qualified for architects/engineers.
- Edit requisitions and confer with departments regarding requirements, specifications, quantity, quality and delivery. Recommend alternatives that would result in greater value.
- Confer with consultants, contractors and suppliers in order to acquaint them with procurement policies and procedures and to obtain information on required products and services.
- Negotiate with consultants and contractors regarding, specifications, scope of work, prices, terms and conditions.
- Perform contract administration, including being the liaison between suppliers and departments, compliance with contract terms and conditions, compliance with grant requirements, negotiation of contract amendments, extensions and change orders. Analyze cost and price data from vendors. Perform contract audits when required.
- Review and execute purchase orders, change orders and other documents within delegated authority.
- Maintain the integrity of the public procurement process.
- Analyze current procurement activities and recommend improvements through more efficient procurement methods, e-procurement, privatization, quantity discounts, standardization, value analysis or cooperative purchasing.
- Provide guidance and assistance to other employees, as required.
- Research market sources and suppliers to locate and ensure most cost effective and competitive pricing for the purchase of supplies and services.
- Engage in procurement planning with client departments. Routinely meet and communicate with client departments in order to identify and provide high quality service to meet client service delivery requirements on a timely basis. Provide accurate, complete and up-to-date information in a courteous, efficient and timely manner.
- Effectively communicate procurement policies and procedures to all personnel and interpret said policies and procedures as necessary.
- Maintain individual workload statistics.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records and documentation on all solicitations, responses, purchases, contracts, correspondence and related follow-up.
- Coordinate with EDBP department for field and desk compliance
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Knowledgeable of FEMA/GOSERP Procurement procedures
- Minimum Qualifications
Education and Training:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Business or Public Administration, Business Law, Finance, Purchasing, or closely related field.
Work Related Experience:
- Minimum three (3) years progressively responsible experience in procurement.
- Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB} or equivalent certifications, or the ability to obtain the CPPB within two (2) years of hire.
- Knowledge of Louisiana State Public Bid law
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Considerable knowledge of business practices related to purchasing.
- Considerable knowledge of contract documents, solicitation methods and contract administration related to procurement
- Knowledge of laws, policies and procedures governing public procurement of at all levels of government.
- Knowledge of contract law.
- Knowledge of mathematics to perform computations and collect statistics for basic cost and price analysis.
- Knowledge of infrastructure project delivery methods, including design-bid-build, design build, construction manager-at-risk, and job order contracts.
- Some knowledge of cost accounting as it relates to price and cost analysis.
- Considerable skill in researching and preparing highly complex specifications, solicitations and contract documents.
- Considerable skill in negotiating contracts.
- Working skill in project management.
- Working skill with computers, including automated purchasing systems and common office software and productivity tools.
- Experience in reading, interpreting, explaining and properly applying rules, regulations, laws, policies and procedures.
- Experience in developing an effective and cooperative working relationships with other departments, employees, suppliers and other public agencies.
- Experience in resolving problems that are highly complex and sensitive in nature.
- Experience in effectively communicating orally and in writing, including the ability to convey complex and technical subjects in a clear, concise and positive manner.
- Experience in establishing schedules and to complete projects on a timely basis.
- Experience in successfully dealing with all persons in a fair and equitable manner.
- Experience in making difficult decisions and award contracts impartially and objectively.
- Possess complete integrity and a high sense of personal and professional ethics.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Email resume to: email@example.com