Reconciliation and Closeout Specialists
The SWBNO is a 1400+ employee public utility responsible for: treatment and distribution of safe drinking water; providing water for fire protection throughout the City of New Orleans (City); collection and treatment of all wastewater for safe return to the environment; and flood protection/drainage of the City. The SWBNO has recently formed a new management team. We are hiring and retooling to re-energize and broaden our resource team to ensure the sustainability of the SWBNO to provide continued improved levels of services to the City. Our future is exciting!
- Reconcile FEMA Project Worksheets with supporting documentation
- Review supporting documentation and determine eligibility
- Create Version Request/Amendments
- Post journal entries (re-classification of expenditures)
- Develop Katrina Capital Project schedule with supporting documentation for audit
- Review and research invoices recorded in AFIN
- Identify unrecorded expenses and liabilities that should be posted to the appropriated accounting codes.
- Prepare cost estimates/ cost analyses to resolve expense and/ or procurement discrepancies identified during the reimbursement or closeout processes as needed.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as directed
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in relevant field of study.
- Advanced degree preferred will be substituted for 1 year of experience.
Two or more years’ experience processing financial documentation, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, reconciliations, and other routing financial transactions.
Skills and Knowledge:
Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office Suite programs. Familiar with LAPA and SharePoint. Proficient in QuickBase database application or equivalent.
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org