Senior Project Manager
The SWBNO is a 1400+ employee public utility responsible for: treatment and distribution of safe drinking water; providing water for fire protection throughout the City of New Orleans (City); collection and treatment of all wastewater for safe return to the environment; and flood protection/drainage of the City. The SWBNO has recently formed a new management team. We are hiring and retooling to re-energize and broaden our resource team to ensure the sustainability of the SWBNO to provide continued improved levels of services to the City. Our future is exciting!
We are creating comprehensive delivery solutions for water, wastewater, drainage/storm water control systems, and community infrastructure through an expanding portfolio of project delivery systems.
The SWBNO is currently recruiting for an experienced Civil Engineer to serve as a Senior Project Manager for the joint City of New Orleans Department of Public Works/SWBNO Capital Improvements Program (CIP) Management team. In this position, you will have the opportunity to support the development and construction of a wide range of projects in infrastructure, wastewater and water engineering, and storm water management and engineering.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide administrative and technical oversight of projects during design and construction to ensure project quality, schedule and budget requirements are met.
- Provide administrative and technical project development support of design and construction projects working along with the City of New Orleans Department of Public Works Project Delivery Unit.
- Work closely with consultant architecture/engineering firms in the development of project design and construction administration while being cognizant of proper consultant staffing and resource management.
- Assist with the preparation of accurate status reports, conceptualize and develop solutions for project issue resolution, participate in design quality control and assurance, and assist with contract, budget and claims in support of Program activities.
- Participate in the production of design and design teams toward on-time and within-budget delivery of technically correct and industry standard constructible infrastructure, wastewater and water projects including associated civil engineering inputs.
- Deliver detailed designs in a challenging and rewarding environment.
- Support Program Management with technical assistance on projects.
- Provide management assistance for multi-disciplinary design teams to complete technical project delivery to program cost and quality requirements.
- Guide and mentor a team of civil engineers experienced in drainage, sewage collection and conveyance, and storm water conveyance.
- Coordinate the technical delivery and checking of work.
- Oversee and check consultant, vendor and construction contractor proposals.
- Ensure maintenance of Federal Grant program documentation.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic and growing team driving project delivery through innovation and sustainable solutions, then we are interested in hearing from you.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
- 7+ years’ project management experience within a civil engineering related project management and or construction management experience in public utility programs.
- Project Management Certification highly desired.
- Experience of working within an infrastructure Program Manager position on relevant projects.
- Core technical skills relevant to the water industry including open channel hydraulics, hydrology and storm water management, pump and pipeline hydraulics, wastewater collection and conveyance, water distribution, civil engineering design.
- Knowledge of combined roadway/street and utility infrastructure design and program/project/construction management.
- Strong written and interpersonal skills, strong organizational skills, must possess the ability to prioritize assignments and build strong relationships.
- Must exhibit proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as project management systems including project scheduling, scoping, budgeting, cost analysis, resource analysis, and reporting.
- LA Registered PE or ability to obtain such within 6 months of employment.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Willingness to work and reside within the City of New Orleans
What We Offer
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Extremely competitive health insurance program
- Wellness program
- Life insurance program
- Education and training reimbursement program
- Generous retirement plan
Email resume to: email@example.com