The City of New Orleans, through the Office of Community Development (OCD), announces the availability of funds to Community-based, For Profit, Not-for-Profit and Faith-based organizations that implement programs and/or projects addressing affordable housing development and preservation goals outlined in the “Housing for a Resilient New Orleans” plan.
Organizations interested in applying for the 2016 Affordable Housing NOFA are required to complete the Registry of Community Organizations & NOFA Application processes. The NOFA application process is a competitive Request for Proposals process that establishes the criteria for awarding funds from the following funding sources:
- HOME Investment Partnerships Program (HOME)
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)
- Neighborhood Housing Improvement Fund (NHIF)
Preservation of Affordable Housing - Approximately $2.9 million available for the three owner occupied programs identified below:
- Substantial Rehabilitation Program
- Aging-in-Place Program
- Health and Safety Program
DEVELOPMENT OF AFFORDABLE HOUSING - Approximately $5.1 million available for the three development programs identified below:
- Choice Neighborhoods Initiative (CNI) Affordable Housing Program
- Bywater Vacant Scattered Site Properties (limited to developers awarded under HANO RFP)
- Lower Ninth Ward Development Initiative (limited to developers awarded under NORA RFP)
Release Date: Friday, August 19, 2016
A Registry of Community Organizations application packet will also be available to ensure all applicants applying for funding meet minimum eligibility requirements to receive federal and state grants through OCD.
Deadline Date: Friday, September 23, 2016
The NOFA and Registry applications will not be accepted after 3:00pm. These deadlines are firm as to date and hour.