Deputy Director of Aviation Administration and Innovation
The New Orleans Aviation Board (NOAB) oversees the operation of the Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport and the Downtown Heliport as an unattached board of the City of New Orleans. The nine member board is appointed by the Mayor of New Orleans.
Armstrong International serves over 10 million passengers annually with 14 airlines to 42 non-stop destinations. NOAB has annual revenues of $115 Million and has a $1 Billon Capital Improvement Program underway, including the construction of a new 30-gate terminal facility.
Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport is the gateway to one of the top travel destinations in the world – New Orleans. Conveniently located 15 minutes from downtown and the historic French Quarter, Armstrong International is poised for the future as the Airport of the Gulf South providing safe, first class customer service to travelers from around the world.
The Deputy Director of Aviation - Administration and Innovation will lead and supervise the Human Resources, Procurement and Contract Administration, Information Technology, Employee Health and Safety, Innovation and Continuous Improvement, and Materials Management divisions.
- Leads change and policy development to transform the culture of the airport to one that embraces innovation, excels in all functions, and attracts and retains talented staff committed to making the airport among the best managed in the nation
- Designs and promotes the airport’s personnel policy and procedure to create a work environment with emphasis on quality and high performance while providing strategic oversight of human resources and employee health and safety culture and practice
- Establishes and directs a training and professional development initiative for employees in the areas of supervisory training, general employee training, and workplace safety, and courses in various substantive and functional responsibilities
- Manages and advances the information technology and telecommunication related activities of the airport in support of the airport’s master plan while also overseeing the daily operational activities of the IT division
- Strategizes the airport’s procurement and contracting administration to find cost-effective suppliers, negotiate with external vendors and secure advantageous terms, and initiate business and organization partnerships
- Recognizes and oversees innovative project and continuous improvement opportunities for the airport that focus on enhancing the offerings of services and amenities of aviation and non-aviation activities
- Coordinates the process of buying and managing airport inventory and materials across all divisions at the airport
- Oversees the development of goals, objectives, policies, and procedures relative to the Administration and Innovation division
- Ensures compliance with ordinances, decrees, laws, policies and procedures pertinent to the Administration and Innovation division
- Coordinates with the Deputy Director of Aviation – Business and Financial Management to prepare budgets for divisions under Administration and Innovation
- Oversees contract administration and compliance for all divisions under Administration and Innovation
Experience and Traits
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Personnel Management, Business Administration, Aviation Management, Project Management or a related field from an accredited college
- Five (5) years with relevant management responsibility, including experience managing administrative procedures and innovation/change management
- Experience in human resources, administrative functions, organizational development and/or senior organizational leadership
- Strong problem-management and strategic planning skills
- Effective in oral and written communication
- Pass background check prior to hire
- An equivalent combination of related experience and education will be considered
- Strong understanding of aviation industry standards and protocols
- Airport management experience
- Master’s degree in relevant field
Salary is competitive based on experience and qualifications.
Excellent health and life insurance, vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, and retirement benefits.
Mail or Email Resume and Cover Letter to:
New Orleans Aviation Board
ATTN: Renee Brunt, Human Resources Manager
P.O. Box 20007
New Orleans, LA 70141
Application deadline: Until Withdrawn
Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Applicants are hereby notified that applications for public employment in Louisiana are “public records”, and are subject to disclosure under La. R.S. 44:1 et seq. and La. Const. Article 12. Section 3.
NOAB and TSA regulations for this position require a ten-year personal, criminal and employment background check.