Walnut Bend Civic Association
|Neighborhood:||Aurora/Walnut Bend/Huntlee Village|
|Type:||Neighborhood or civic association|
Walnut Bend is bounded by the north side of MacArthur Boulevard, Holiday Drive, south side of General Meyer Avenue, and the easterly boundary of properties adjacent to Kabel Drive properties.
|Number of members:||100|
|Contact name:||Yvonne Mitchell-Grubb|
|Contact phone:||(504) 393-0694|
The purpose of the Association is to preserve our subdivision as a high quality residential neighborhood, while promoting civic participation and social improvement of the residents of Walnut Bend.
1.To promote, foster, and develop civic awareness and responsibility among Walnut Bend residents and property owners;
2. To promote and foster compliance with all laws, statutes, ordinances, and/or regulations affecting Walnut Bend;
3. To propose and promote new laws, statutes, ordinances, and/or regulation which would benefit Walnut Bend and its residents;
4. To propose and promote changes in current laws, statutes, ordinances, and/or regulations that affect adversely Walnut Bend property or its residents;
5. To promote and encourage the highest standards of residential development, maintenance, and repair, and to discourage any noxious activity or nuisance within said area;
6. To serve as a vehicle whereby Walnut Bend residents can initiate action and/or channel and disseminate information for the benefit, welfare, and safety of Walnut Bend residents and property owners;
7. To do all other things necessary and proper to achieve such ends.
Quarterly Neighborhood Meetings & Newsletter - Garden of the Month and Neighborhood Beautification - Annual Night Out Against Crime - Annual Easter Egg Hunt - Annual NOMTOC Parade Celebration - Christmas Decorating Contest - Annual Membership Drive Contest