Navigation Search Map (504) 658-4000

Translate this page

The City of New Orleans

Mayor Mitchell J. Landrieu

Occupational/General Business

Mayoralty Permit

Business, Mardi Gras, Event/Film
Apply online?

A Mayoralty permit is required (along with other permits and licenses) for vendors, artists and individuals conducting business or promoting themselves or their art in the City of New Orleans. This includes, but is not limited to:

  • Live entertainment including live music, DJ’s, music ensembles, etc.
  • Street entertainers
  • Certain sales in the Central Business District
  • Mardi Gras activities
  • Peddlers and itinerant vendors selling artifacts
  • Artists (Fence Guidlines for Jackson Square Artists)
  • Flower vendors and peddlers
  • Food vendors
  • Transient vendors
  • Canvassing, including distribution of fliers and pamphlets
  • Alcoholic beverage special event permits
  • Event promoters


Fees are based on type of activity, what is being sold and amount of gross sales. Click here for the City of New Orleans code, including more information about fees.

Required documents/steps

  • Fill out and submit the Schedule A form to City Hall, Bureau of Revenue at 1300 Perdido St., Room 1W15, New Orleans, LA 70112 
    (504) 658-1600

Issuing agency

Bureau of Revenue

You may also need

User guides

Add to Twitter Add to Newsvine Add to Yahoo Bookmarks Add to Yahoo MyWeb Add to Facebook Add to LinkedIn Add to Terchnorati Add to Digg Add to Google Bookmarks Add to Reddit Add to StumbleUpon Add to Delicious

Last updated: 3/29/2016 12:39:29 PM

Was this page helpful?

 Security code