A permit is required to stage a parade, motorcade, second-line or race in the City of New Orleans. Depending on the details, you may need other permits and/or licenses. In New Orleans a Parade Permit, Police escort and City Permitting tax/fee are required for any/all events parading in the streets according to City Ordinance Ordinance #17271 MCS SEC. 154-1651 through 1664.
- Any cancellation must be done a minimum of two (2) hours prior to the event. Less than two (2) hour notification means that all police fees shall be forfeited for that date.
- The parade route, along with the size of the parade, will determine the amount of police officers needed for the parade escort. You will consult with the Special Events Commander about the rest of the details and any additional documents needed.
- Choose a Parade Route - Please provide a detailed description of the parade route and parade size in the parade permit application, including a complete map of where you’d like to parade/race. Applications for parades must be dated at least FIFTEEN days prior to the date of the planned parade.
- Complete the Master Event Application, plus:
- Supplement C - Parade
- Supplement B - Street Closure/Block Party - If you plan to tow cars from your route or purchase meters
- Supplement G - Safety and Security - If you have any type of fire-related activity during your parade/race
- Plan/contract to dispose of all waste
- Submit all to the One Stop Shop, City Hall, 7th floor, 1300 Perdido St., New Orleans 70112
You may also need
Depending on the details of your parade/race/second-line, you may need to fill out and submit additional supplements or documents. Please start by completing the Master Event Application and as indicated: