Document Control Manager (Unclassified)
The SWBNO is a 1400+ employee public utility responsible for: treatment and distribution of safe drinking water; providing water for fire protection throughout the City of New Orleans (City); collection and treatment to reclaim water for safe return to the environment; and flood protection/drainage of the City. The SWBNO has recently formed a new management team. We are hiring and retooling to re-energize and broaden our resource team to ensure the sustainability of the SWBNO to provide continued improved levels of services to the City. Our future is exciting!
We are creating comprehensive delivery solutions for water, water reclamation, drainage/storm water control systems, and community infrastructure through an expanding portfolio of project delivery systems.
Manages the collection, receipt, disposition, and archiving of all documents, audio and videotapes and other items from construction projects, programs, and other operations within the department. Ensures that current information management requirements regarding electronic record keeping, archiving, micro forming, and other applicable areas are followed.
Principle responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Process/Scan/Distribute/File incoming and outgoing documentation received for entry accordingly
- Maintain hard files, e-files, shared files, server files, maps files, library, scanned images, cd’s, etc of incoming, outgoing, and completed contracts documents.
- Perform weekly project specific QA/QC checks of information entered and scanned in Document Control database
- Conduct research and support customers/staff with request for documentation.
- Maintain data integrity by following established procedures
- Assist PM’s with weekly or monthly reporting if needed
- Prepare and process records for scanning and archiving
- Perform data entry into an EDMS
- Maintain a consistent file structure.
- Ensure all documents are properly logged
- Proofread correspondence/reports for accuracy.
- Adjusting priorities according to direction
- Perform other task as requested by supervisor
- Assist with project closeout and procedure.
- Assist DC Lead when needed.
- Backup Document Control Lead in the event of absence
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in relevant field of study. Degree can be substituted for 4 years work experience.
Experience in the field of document management and or construction management.
Ability to perform multiple task and easily adjust to shifting priorities. Flexible and willing to shift gears and take on unexpected and/ or unanticipated projects as needed. Ability to take direction from multiple sources. Excellent attention to detail. Ability to consistently lift/move 10lbs of record material. Knowledge of alpha/numeric filing system and common office procedures. Willing to perform repetitive filing and data entry.
Skills & Knowledge:
Proficient Microsoft Excel and proficient in other Microsoft Office Suite programs. Proficient in QuickBase database application or equivalent. Knowledge of standard filing and record retention practices
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
$30,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year