Office of Special Projects and Strategic Engagement (UNCLASSIFIED)
The SWBNO (1,500 Employee Public Utility) is looking for a Program Analyst to assist with the implementation of communications strategies to build broad support for the combined SWBNO/City of New Orleans Department of Public Works Capital Improvement Program. The ideal candidate must be eager, ready to learn, contribute ideas and work hard.
- Managing the outreach and communications for Capital Improvement Program projects;
- Assisting with coordination of pre-construction meetings and special events;
- Assisting with development of a wide range of communications materials, including newsletters, press releases, fact sheets, presentations, etc.;
- Supporting consistent program messaging by helping to maintain website and social media channels;
- Performing other duties as assigned to enhance the image of the Capital Improvement Program.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience working in Public Relations, Communications, and/or Marketing functions for a public corporation, government agency, or in a communications agency environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate complex information in a concise way.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional discretion, including maturity, keen judgment, and self-confidence, integrity and ability to handle confidential matters.
- Ability to work effectively with and be sensitive to people of diverse cultural, educational and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Ability to make independent decisions regarding planning, organizing, and scheduling work.
- Ability to accept and respond to performance-based criticism and direction.
- Computer literacy, including knowledge of basic software applications and familiarity with the internet and e-mail communications required.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Experience working for the City of New Orleans, State of Louisiana, and/or a FEMA-funded program is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Mass Communications or related field, or equivalent professional experience.
What We Offer
- Extremely competitive health insurance program
- Wellness program
- Life insurance program
- Education and training reimbursement program
- Generous retirement plan
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
$30,000 - $60,000