Help with Your Business
Business Services serves as a liaison between city government, local entrepreneurs, and businesses owners. We coordinate Business Information Sessions to educate our business community and assist with the growth of a diverse economy that creates good-paying jobs and provides equal access to economic prosperity.
- Reliable information through our linkages with federal, state and other city/parish agencies.
- Non-legal advice on starting a business (structuring, tax I.D. numbers, and licensing process).
- Literature and forms on filing a trade name, trade mark, partnership, limited liability company, or corporation.
- Procedures for obtaining an occupational license. To apply for an occupational license, click here.
- Information on federal, state, and local tax incentives available.
- Information on how to obtain permits for work to be performed to business site. For more information about permitting, visit One Stop.
Business Information Sessions
The Mayor’s Office of Economic Development facilitates four series of Business Information Sessions throughout the year featuring information, resources, and opportunities helpful for business owners and entrepreneurs.
In every series, Business Information Sessions are hosted in five consecutive weeks with a meeting to be held in each City Council district. The sessions are free and open to the public.
The goal of these information sessions is to connect entrepreneurs and small business owners to technical assistance providers and financial resources that will enable them to start or grow their businesses. Several City departments and external partners participate in the sessions.
The success of our local small businesses is key to strengthening our economy.
Click here for information on our latest sessions.