Parks & Rec Centers
Shelter Rental Permit
A permit is required to rent the shelters in Brechtel Park for events in the City of New Orleans. Depending on the details of your event, you may need other permits as outlined on the special events pages.
- The following are prohibited in any park under any circumstances:
- Events related to partisan political activities
- Seafood boiling
- Glass bottles or containers
- Parking on the grass
- Water activities and related set-ups
- Excessively loud music
- Explicit lyrics
- The following items may be allowed, except in Jackson Square, with proper written approval of the Director of Parks and Parkways:
- Portable toilets
- Tents of the pop-up variety (no staking allowed)
- Food/beverage sales
- Inflatable games
- DJs or live bands
||Additional Grilling Fee
||7 & 8 reserved as a pair
||Scout Island ( exclusive use)
Refundable Litter/Damage Deposits
|301 and above
Current entrance fees to the Brechtel Park are applicable and do not allow for re-entry.
Usage fees are non-refundable.
In the event of rain, an event may be rescheduled up to one year from the originally scheduled event date.
Fee Summary Sheet
Create a reservation for the space by:
- Calling the department (504) 658-3201 or by email ParksandParkways@nola.gov to ask if the date is available.
- Once confirmation of date availability is confirmed, requestors can file a booking request form by fax (504) 658-3227 or by email ParksandParkways@nola.gov
Fill out booking form for requested park:
- Brechtel Park Booking. Please note, all citizens should contact Parks and Parkways to confirm date availability before filing a booking request.
Payment of fees is required within 5 working days of requesting reservation.
- Liability Insurance Certificate with City of New Orleans as holder of the certificate is required for all events
- Copy of insurance of the company providing the space walks
- Contracts are required for all events and must be completed at least 2 weeks prior to date of rental
Parks and Parkways
You may also need