Trucks and Oversized Vehicles
The Office of Transportation is leading an effort to engage with stakeholders and residents around regulations and routes for trucks and oversized vehicles as part of Mayor Cantrell's Moving New Orleans Transportation Action Plan. Keep an eye on this page for updates and for ways to engage.
- To Be Scheduled - Technical Stakeholder Virtual Meeting
- Research & Resource Survey - stakeholder survey to share resources, reference materials, best practices, standards, etc. to guide the Administration's research and inform our next steps.
- Topic Input & Feedback Survey
September 2020 Truck Route Ordinance
In August 2020, Councilmembers Giarrusso, Nguyen, and Palmer introduced a By Request ordinance from the Cantrell Administration to cleanup the Truck Route Designations found in Sec. 154-1561 of the City Code and add an annual reporting requirement for oversize load permits.
These amendments to the route designation list will ensure a clear and accurate list and map of New Orleans' truck routes, serving as a basis for the City's efforts around route signage, education and awareness, and enforcement, all aimed at improving compliance of operation of trucks and oversize vehicles on our roads.
This ordinance was adopted by the Council on September 17, 2020.
As this initiative progresses, additional resources will be added.
- The following items are updated to reflect the changes from Ordinance 33,107
- Route List - Sec. 154-1561 of the City Code.
- Route Map - PDF - NOLA Open Data