Notice of Funding Availability
The Office of Workforce Development is pleased to announce a Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) to support organizations in developing programs that empower individuals negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic with the skills, certifications, and support necessary to embark on career trajectories with family-sustaining wages that bolster their long term social and economic mobility. The project is funded by the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA). For further information and updates on the City's ARPA investments and initiatives, please visit the official website at https://nola.gov/arpa/.
The future of our economy relies on a competitive, knowledgeable, and highly skilled workforce. This NOFA will distribute up to $7,410,000 with the goal of supporting comprehensive workforce development programs.
Areas targeted for investment include but are not limited to:
- Programs that provide opportunities and pathways for youth workforce development.
- Programs that support and enhance New Orleans growing green infrastructure, sustainability and resilience industries.
- Programs that develop and build on New Orleans rich history of cultural and performing arts.
- Support for individuals with barriers to employment, such as transportation, financial literacy, or identification and documentation challenges.
- Support for current and future educators to access the training and certification.
- Programs that upskill, retrain and support workers for in-demand jobs.
- The City encourages innovative and impactful proposals beyond those enumerated above that enhance the employment prospects for our community now and in the future.
The deadline to apply for the available funding has been extended to March 4, 2024.
Information Session - A virtual information session for interested applicants will be held on January 22, 2024 at 10AM CDT
Download the Notice of Funding Availability
Download the NOFA Application Packet
Download the NOFA Presentation
Watch the NOFA Presentation
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions