Request a Stop Sign

You can call 311 or visit NOLA 311 online to request installation of a stop sign at an intersection. The 311 Customer Service Agent will take down the nearest physical address of the requested sign, and issue you a ticket number. That ticket will then be sent to the Department of Public Works for assessment.

The criteria for all-way stop control are specific and dictated by the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices developed by the Federal Highway Administration.  One such criterion is a minimum volume of 500 vehicles per hour on both roadways and 200 vehicles per hour on the minor street for 8 hours of a day. 


Service provided by
1300 Perdido Street 6W03 New Orleans, LA 70112