The Juvenile Justice Intervention Center has different visitation policies and regulations for family and case related visits. All visitors must have an I.D. on them at all times. Visitation policies are as follows:
Parent And Family Visitation
- Under normal circumstances, youth will be allowed no more than one family visiting session per week not to exceed 30 minutes.
Who Can Visit?
- Parents, legal guardian, step parent or spouse of legal guardian, and siblings are the only family members permitted to visit a youth housed at the JJIC. The normal maximum number of visitors per visiting session will not exceed four approved visitors.
How Do I Set Up A Visit?
- A social worker will contact the parent or legal guardian of each youth admitted to the JJIC to set up a parent orientation prior to scheduling a first visit.
Are There Restrictions?
- Facility superintendents have full discretion to alter the number of approved visitors and visiting times, as well as the frequency, duration, and number of visits.
*Notice* Violations of visitation policies by visitors may result in appropriate Administrative or legal actions against the visitor.
Any item prohibited from juvenile possession within detention is because its use endangers the safety and security of the facility, staff, and juveniles. Contraband also includes items a juvenile is prohibited from obtaining because it violates the law, a court order, or detention rules. Detainees are not allowed to receive anything directly from visitors.
Items Not Permitted Inside Facility:
Purses, tobacco products, cell phones, wallets with chains, lighters and matches, mail, photos, books and bibles, personal hygiene items, food or drinks, weapons, pens or pencils, or electronics.
Case Related Visitation
Case related visitation is only permitted for legal counsel, case managers, and social workers assigned to the youth. Prior to setting up a visitation appointment, all legal counsel, court ordered evaluators, case managers, and social workers must provide documentation that they have been assigned to the youth they are visiting.
Please call in advance to make an appointment. During regular business hours call: (504) 658-3400; After hours call: (540) 658-3415.
Case Related Visitation Schedule
Monday – Thursday
Saturday and Sunday
- Prior administrative approval required