Mayor's Outstanding Employee Award
To recognize the accomplishments of high-performing employees, the City of New Orleans welcomes nominations for the Outstanding Employee Award. Nominations for the award can be made by employees of the City of New Orleans, as well as citizens.
To be eligible for the award, the nominee should:
- Demonstrate an outstanding contribution to city and departmental goals.
- Embody the City values of being solutions-oriented, truthful and transparent, accountable, collaborative, people-centric, and someone who gets things done.
- Be an active City employee with at least one year of service at the date of the nomination.
- Currently not be serving as a member of the Outstanding Employee Award Review Committee.
- Be a classified or unclassified employee. All employees of boards and commissions are eligible.
Winners of the Outstanding Employee Award will receive:
- A certificate of recognition.
- A photograph with the Mayor.
- Virtual nomination forms may be submitted via the link provided in the announcement e-mail, or hard copy nomination forms may be submitted to the Employee Relations Division of the Chief Administrative Office (Suite 9E06).
- All nominations received will be reviewed by the Outstanding Employee Award Review Committee.
- Each nominator may submit one nomination.
- All finalists must receive final approval from their appointing authorities.
- Members of the Outstanding Employee Award Review Committee are not allowed to make nominations.
- Individuals may be re-nominated for the award in future years.
Nominate an employee