Special Event Permit

A Special Event permit is required for anyone who acts as a: 

  • Itinerant (Roaming) Vendor
  • Stationary/Trade Show Vendor
  • Promoter
  • Sporting Event Vendor
  • Alcoholic Beverages being sold or distributed at a special event


Vendors must wait until after their event promoter/organizer has applied for permits before applying as a vendor at the event.


Fees are based on type of activity, what is being sold and amount of gross sales. Click here for the City of New Orleans code, including more information about fees.

Required Documents

  • Promoters, not individual vendors, may want to discuss their event plans with the City Council member in whose district the event will be taking place prior to application, especially if the event will be particularly large, loud, or disruptive. The Council District will be notified electronically by our internal system to review. 
  • Complete the Master Event Application
  • Supplement A - Special Event Promoter/Vendor
  • Supplement G - Safety and Security (Promoter ONLY)
  • Lease or Property/Land Authorization agreement (Promoter ONLY)
  • Vendor List. The list must include: business trade name, mailing address, contact person, contact phone number (Promoter ONLY)
  • Bond Requirements (for profit only): $10,000 performance bond is required if 3 or more vendors participating (Promoter ONLY)
  • Plan/contract to dispose of all waste 
  • Submit all to the Department of Safety & Permits, 1340 Poydras St, Suite 800, New Orleans, LA 70112

You May Also Need

Depending on the details of your event/show, you may need to fill out and submit additional supplements or documents. Please start by completing the Master Event Application and as indicated:

Service provided by
1340 Poydras Street Suite 800 New Orleans, LA 70112