Mayoralty Permit

A Mayoralty permit is required (along with other permits and licenses) for vendors, artists and individuals conducting business or promoting themselves or their art in the City of New Orleans. This includes, but is not limited to:

  • Live entertainment including live music, DJ’s, music ensembles, etc.
  • Street entertainers
  • Certain sales in the Central Business District
  • Mardi Gras activities
  • Peddlers and itinerant vendors selling artifacts
  • Artists (Fence Guidelines for Jackson Square Artists)
  • Flower vendors and peddlers
  • Food vendors
  • Transient vendors
  • Canvassing, including distribution of fliers and pamphlets
  • Alcoholic beverage special event permits
  • Event promoters


Fees are based on type of activity, what is being sold and amount of gross sales. Click here for the City of New Orleans code, including more information about fees.

Required Documents

  • Fill out and submit the Schedule A form to City Hall, Bureau of Revenue at 1300 Perdido St., Room 1W15, New Orleans, LA 70112 
    (504) 658-1600

You May Also Need

User Guides

Service provided by

Bureau of Revenue - Sales Tax

(504) 658-1616 (504) 658-1630 (504) 658-1634 Email Email
1300 Perdido Street 1W15 New Orleans, LA 70112


1340 Poydras Street Suite 800 New Orleans, LA 70112